- Wash and boil the potatoes. Peel and smash into a dough.
- Mix with rice flour. sesame seeds, chilli powder and salt.
- Knead dough with milk or coconut milk.
- Make into small balls and fill the chakali form.
- Press to form chakalis on a plate.
- Deep fry till light golden brown.
- Store in air tight container.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Chakalis by Bernadette Nazareth
4 Medium size potatoes
2 cups raw rice flour
1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
1 tsp chilly powder
1 cup fresh milk or coconut milk
Vegetable oil for frying