- Heat ghee in a vessel. When ghee is hot, remove from fire and stir in the cocoa.
- Add water and sugar.
- Now place the vessel back on the fire and keep stirring the mixture till it thickens.
- Gradually add the coconut and last add the vanilla essence.
- When the mixture has thickened, it should drop from the spoon – quickly remove the vessel from the fire and drop the mixture with a spoon onto a buttered paper forming small cookie shape ruffs.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes to dry.
- Keep in an air tight box.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Chocolate Ruffs by Bernadette Nazareth
1 large coconut scraped finely
1 lb sugar
2 tbsp of ghee
5 tbsp water or fresh milk
1 1/2 tsp coco powder
1 tsp essence of vanilla